Financial Risk Manager Programme
FRM stands for Financial Risk Manager. Offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), FRM certification sets you apart in the global marketplace and gives you a strong understanding of the underlying risk management concepts in today’s ever-changing financial markets.
It also lets employers know that you take risk management seriously and that your knowledge has been validated by international professional standards.
- There are no degree or work requirements needed for taking the exam.
- There are two parts of the exam certification: part 1 and part 2.
- The exam is a multiple choice questions based exam and is conducted twice a year, i.e. in May and November.
- The cost of the FRM exam ranges between $750 to $1050 (based on your time of registration).
- Part 1 contains 100 MCQs to be solved within 4 hours, whereas part 2 contains 80 MCQs to be solved within 4 hours.
Course of the exam
The FRM part 1 has the following course topics:
- Foundations of risk management
- Quantitative analysis
- Financial markets and products
- Valuation and risk models
The FRM part 2 has the following course topics:
- Market risk measurement and management
- Credit risk measurement and management
- Operational and integrated risk management
- Risk management and investment management
- Current issues in financial markets